ENAI is an association registered in the Czech Republic (legal entity).
Each member institution will appoint one representative (to attend meetings, vote, etc.). Individual members (supporters) are not considered as representatives.
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Annual general meeting is the supreme body of ENAI. Is held once a year: typically together with the annual conference. Annual General Meeting discusses the activity of ENAI for previous calendar year, accepts the principles of activities for the following calendar year, elects and dismisses the Board and Auditing group, and adopts other decisions of fundamental importance for ENAI’s existence and activities. Its competencies include namely:
- determine the main focus of the activities of ENAI
- decide about the adoption and amendments of the Constitution
- approve the financial statement for the previous period presented by the Board
- make decisions about the obligation of membership fee, its amount and due date
- approve the economic result of ENAI
- elect the members of the Board and the members of Auditing Group
- evaluate activities of other bodies of the Association and its members
Board consists of 5 members. Any person affiliated with member institution (i.e. not necessarily the institutional representative) or an individual member (supporter) of ENAI can be elected to the board. Members of the board are elected at the AGM for a period of 3 years.
The Board is the statutory body of ENAI. It also:
- Plans and oversees the activities of the network
- Oversees the finances
- Approves new members
- Decides on exclusion of members
- Appoints ENAI staff
- Appoints heads of working groups
- Proposes the annual budget
- Reports to AGM
President of the Board
One of the members of the Board is elected as President of the Board is responsible for the activities of the Board.
Executive director is appointed and dismissed by the Board. S/he is responsible to the Board. Cannot be member of the Board. Executive director performs tasks given by the Board and is responsible for operation of the network, which means:
- Communication with members
- Organization of annual conferences, general meetings, board meetings
- Circulating newsletter
- Taking care of documents
To perform given specific task/activity (eg. rating system, common vocabulary, awards,…), a working group was established and dissolved by the Board. The Board appoints a head of working group, who appoints/approves other members of working group and reports regularly to the Board. Representatives of member institutions may nominate experts to working groups.
Checks all financial transactions. Oversees the efficiency and transparency of spending. Auditing group consits of 3 persons with 3 years tenure elected by Annual General Meeting. These persons cannot be members of the Board.
- Tomáš Foltýnek / president (Mendel University in Brno, Czechia)
- Sonja Bjelobaba / vice-president (Uppsala University, Centre for Research Ethics & Bioethics, Sweden)
- Inga Gaižauskaitė / member (Lithuania)
- Salim Razi / member (Canakkale Onsekiz Mart University, Turkey)
- Julius Kravjar / member (Slovakia)
The Auditing group:
- Shiva Sivasubramaniam / head (University of Derby, Great Britain)
- Milan Ojsteršek / member (University of Maribor, Slovenia)
- Zeenath Reza Khan / member (University of Wollongong, United Arab Emirates)